2 May 2009

WITHOUT YOU


Mom, without you, there would be no me.
Your love, your attention, your guidance,
have made me who I am.
Without you, I would be lost,
wandering aimlessly,
without direction or purpose.
You showed me the way
to serve, to accomplish, to persevere.
Without you, there would be an empty space
I could never fill,
no matter how I tried.
Instead, because of you,
I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.
Thank you, mom.
I have always loved you
and I always will.


By Joanna Fuchs

2 comments:

Madalena said...

I can imagine how happy your mum must be! You are so kind, Ant Celia! Remember that without you, she could never become a mother.Mia Couto says so in one of his wonderful stories: A mother is born, when her baby is born.They are the same age! As far as I have experienced, motherhood is the best condition for any woman in the whole world. And you know that. You are a mother too! Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Thanks dear Ant Mada. I think she could because of my brother, but it wasn't the same : )Yes, it's the best condition but sometimes it's too painfull. After having a child, we are not the same, forever! It's strange but powerfull! Happy Mother's day,too.
***